MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

4 posters

Weapons used in the film Fury.

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

fury - Weapons used in the film Fury. Empty Weapons used in the film Fury.

Post by woofiedog Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:05 am

A web site that covers all of the weapons that were used in the film Fury, from the hand guns to the tank's.

By the way... did anyone notice that there was a Jagdpanzer 38 "Hetzer" also used in a very small part of the film? Cool

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Fury_%282014%29
    col.moore
    col.moore

fury - Weapons used in the film Fury. Empty Re: Weapons used in the film Fury.

Post by col.moore Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:04 pm

That's an interesting subject, considering that that movie is very accurate, what is about guns, except that the Germans troops ware using the Panzerfaust only... obviously to don't take the movie to a short end they avoided the existence of the Panzerschrek and the Panzerkampfwagen VI II Königstiger... kkkkkk... what is ridiculous because if they ware fighting in Germany in 1945 that's pretty much what they would face up... not the Tiger I (the very early version that was brought by the British National Tank Museum, that have a Tiger I that was captured by the British in the Kasserine Pass)... but even so, its a nice and fun movie.
    frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:40 am

|By April 1945 the odd of seeing a Tiger II on the Western front were probably slim as less than 85 were Kampfbereit ( combat ready) and they were plagued by shortages of fuel and ammo. 1369 Tiger I were produced versus 492 Tigers II so the odds were actually more in favour of seeing a Tiger I than the Panzer VI Ausf. B. Also the panzerfaust was produced in mass quantities and was widely available by spring 1945 whereas the panzerschreck required more trained teams.
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:57 am

Here's document: After action report, 66th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Division, Aug 44 thru May 45.
    fury - Weapons used in the film Fury. 01page
    According to the movie all "Shermans" were from the 66th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Division.
    I looked over (very quickly) these papers, but didn't find what types of "Shermans" were presented. There were only mentions: medium/light tanks.
    http://cgsc.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p4013coll8/id/3658
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:29 am

col.moore...  what is ridiculous because if they ware fighting in Germany in 1945 that's pretty much what they would face up... not the Tiger I

I have too go along with what frinik has stated.

Yes there were more Tiger II at this point of the war being used by the German units on either front. But the Tiger I was still making it's presents felt on the battlefield right up till the end in 1945.

A few examples of Tiger I's still used in combat during 1945.

Panzer-Abteilung 504

12 February 1945 15 Tiger I's received from s.Pz.Abt.508
    15 March 1945        All 32 Tiger I's operational

Panzer-Abteilung 506

16 February 1945 4./ leaves the Abteilung with its 5 Tiger I's

Panzer-Abteilung 507

19-21 January 1945 19 Tiger I's lost, mostly by their own crews

Panzer-Abteilung 510

19 March 1945 15 remaining Tiger I's consolidated into a kampgruppe led by Leutenant Wise, rest of the battalion prepares to evacuate Courland

9./SS-Panzerregiment 3

16 January 1945 Second relief attempt begins, 9 Tiger I's operational
    8 May 1945 2 Tiger I's and the Tiger II blown up by their own crews

schwere SS-Panzer-Abteilung 501 (22 September 1944)

12 March 1945 13 Tigers of 1./ transferred to s.Pz.Abt 506

Tiger Gruppe Fehrmann        

In the beginning of 1945, Kampfgruppe Schulze and Lieutenant Fehrmann formed a division of six Tiger I and Panther tanks with the five intention of going into the Ruhr area.
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 am

lockie... thank's for the "after action report, 66th Armored Regiment, 2nd Armored Division" link.

Gave it a quick looking over and it has some interesting reading and information.
    col.moore
    col.moore

Post by col.moore Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Cool, but even considering that the Tiger I in the movie being the first variant?

And i forgot to consider one point here, as Frinik told, i believe that the lack of training was also something very common at that point of the war.... as a Luftwaffe fan as well, I've read few books, and even in the documentaries they mention that, there ware a few number of veterans available to train, and those whose ware training the fresh troops (or pilots) they couldn't stay for too long, so the hours of practice was reduced, resulting in a large number of soldiers whose wasn't ready to perform in a very effective way.... also considering that the most of the German infantry in that point of the war was soldier from the Volkstrum...

And about the document "After action report from the 66th Armored Regiment.." its awesome, but, as a German Military fan, it hurts my heart to read such a document! LOL kkkkk.
    Its a shame, the germans with the best equipment, with the highest technology of its time losing thanks to a Madman (Hitler) whose ware a terrible tactician, an temperamental asshole whose forced many time the German generals to go to the wrong way, go to the wrong town, do not fall back when necessary, all these stupid things to for fill his stupid ego.
    col.moore
    col.moore

Post by col.moore Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:08 pm

I don't know if u guys have the knowledge of this website so, here it is:
    http://www.alanhamby.com/tiger.html

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:26 pm

col.moore wrote:Its a shame, the germans with the best equipment, with the highest technology of its time losing thanks to a Madman (Hitler) whose ware a terrible tactician
    I'd not say that Hitler was a terrible tactician. He conquered half a Europe, his troops stayed near Moscow, he blocked England. He was about to conquer North Africa. Well, he has done a lot. But there were economic factors. And I think, the war was lost thanks to politics also. Finally, Germany was isolated. I'd agree with u only in one case, he should have been signed peaceful agreement with England as faster as possible and don't announce the war to USA. Then, perhaps he had a chance to stop Soviet hordes. Or even he should have gave permission to collect the new Army consist of the former Soviet troopers to fight against bolsheviks/communist. But he didn't. He came to the USSR to conquer this country, but not bring a liberty from communism.
    col.moore
    col.moore

Post by col.moore Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:44 pm

lockie wrote:
    col.moore wrote:Its a shame, the germans with the best equipment, with the highest technology of its time losing thanks to a Madman (Hitler) whose ware a terrible tactician
    I'd not say that Hitler was a terrible tactician. He conquered half a Europe, his troops stayed near Moscow, he blocked England. He was about to conquer North Africa. Well, he has done a lot. But there were economic factors. And I think, the war was lost thanks to politics also. Finally, Germany was isolated. I'd agree with u only in one case, he should have been signed peaceful agreement with England as faster as possible and don't announce the war to USA. Then, perhaps he had a chance to stop Soviet hordes. Or even he should have gave permission to collect the new Army consist of the former Soviet troopers to fight against bolsheviks/communist. But he didn't. He came to the USSR to conquer this country, but not bring a liberty from communism.

Hitler was a bad tactician... his victories happen thanks to its Greats general Like Rommel, Rundstedt, Guderian, and many others whose actually took a vital place in the creation en development of the Wehrmacht tactics... if u analyze each combat operation you will see that, EVERY single time that Hitler gave an "irrevocable order" the german lost the battle. Samples: London Blitz, Stalingrad, Leningrad, Moscow...
    And you will also see that, most of the times that he allowed the Generals to use their creativity they have done well... He was a good politician, (in the matter of Inspire people, and join a nation to a single goal) but as a military man... well... he was a Corporal, that say pretty much everything about him! KKKKKKK
    An yes I TOTALLY agree with u, he shouldn't have announced war Against the Americans, he should have asked for some Japanese help against the Russians, and the UK, well, a peace treat with them was impossible thanks to Winston Churchill whose would never allow it... Hitler mistake on England was to take it personal and bombing only London and few other cities... If he and that moron Goering have listened to their Generals and kept bombing the RAF airfields... UK would be gone in 3 month... even the British admit that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:23 am