13 posters

Mr. Frinik's opinion

frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Mr. Frinik's opinion Empty Re: Mr. Frinik's opinion

Post by frinik Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:16 pm

I had 2 Ukrainian-Canadian friends who were in Poland with me and told me that Polish is fairly close to Ukrainian. Russian and Belarussian speaking friends of mine say they can read written Ukrainian fairly well but spoken Ukrainian is difficult for them. Belarusian is halfway between Polish and Russian . In fact most Belarussians also speak Russian. I learned some Polish and was able to follow conversations . I found Czech to be fairly close to Polish.

What Lockie said is that because Russia was under Mongol/Tatar yoke for centuries they lost part of their Slavic connection. They were forced to adopt their master's language officially but they always kept their "Rus" language alive. However Lockie is wrong when he says Russia only adopted the Cyrillic alphabet in 1721. They adopted the Cyrillic alphabet in the 10th century after they converted to Christianity. They never stopped using it when they spoke the old Slavonic Rus language . They only used the Mongol alphabet in official communications because they were obliged to and forced to pay tribute and acknowledge the Golden and White Hordes as their overlords. I know it's fairly common amongst Ukrainian to try depict Russians as not true Slavs but as hybrid Mongols but it's simply not true. Enemity between nations should not lead to misinformation. Even the Ukrainian themselves have strong non Slavic components in their culture; Turkic, Tatar and Greek influences. I consider both the Ukraine and Russia as part of Europe and of European civilization.

the  However in 1708 Czar Peter the Great modernized Cyrillic and gave it the form it has today although the Bolsheviks greatly simplified the language  after 1920 to make it simpler for the masses to become literate and also to remove the  "aristocratic influences ". The irony in all that is that both Ukraine and Russia consider or claim Kiev/Kyiv as the cradle of their nations and both were formed out of the Varingians state ( the latin corruption of the Germanic word Svarengen or Swaregen whose contemporary equivalent today is Sverige the modern name for Sweden in that language. The Varangians were a mostly Swedish Viking tribe( with Danes, Balts and Finns in the mix) which settled in what is the Ukraine today and conquered the land. They quickly intermarried with local Slavic populations and like what happened with other Viking states , Normandy, England, Scotland and Ireland they adopted the local language and religion. The nickname of their tribe was Rus which was probably a deformation of a Norse word which meant rowing as Vikings used to row their Drakkars along the rivers of the Ukraine to travel from one point to the other. So the word for Russia originates from their and this is why for Russian nationalists the Ukraine is the cradle of their nation and so important in the current situation. Ironically the word Ukraine mean border lands as it was at the margin of Russian states in the 13th century before the Mongol invasion. As always in Europe, history is complicated and nothing is simple or straightforward as it appears.

Me being of Swedish ancestry on my father's side I will claim sovereignty over both Russia and the Ukraine as my legitimate birthright. Hopefully this can make both aides put aside their quarrels and conflicts and unite against me.... Idea
    frinik
    frinik

Mr. Frinik's opinion Empty Frinik opinion 2

Post by frinik Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:56 pm

My best friend and is family are originally from Minsk. They only speak Russian as do most Belarussians. While they know and understand Belarussian they told me that most people in Belarus use Russian in official and day-to-day communication, at work and even at home. This is why I assumed Deviator that you wrote or posted in Russian .

I am told that the Belarussian language is close to Ukrainian, Polish and Russian. For me who cannot read Ukrainian, Belarussian or Russian fluently if you write in Cyrillic I can't tell which language you are using in your posts..
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:31 pm

When I  worked in Poland one of my staff ,a young woman whose parents belonged to the Belarussian minority in eastern Poland once said to me that if you speak Belarussian you can  easily learn Polish, Ukrainian and Russian. Belarus has been occupied pretty much by all its neighbours so I guess their language has bene influenced by all and they have learned to be multilingual by necessity.

The same story with Scandinavian languages. If you speak Danish for example you can understand and learn fairly easily to speak, Norwegian, Swedish and Icelandic. The same with German and Dutch/ (and its variants Flemish and Afrikaans). I would call Dutch the Belarussian of Germanic languages, halfway between English and German although closer to the latter.

That being said I hope that in 2022 we will get rid of the two former Chekists running their respective countries to the ground and disturbing peace and their neighbours. No need to mention names, most of you you know who I am referring to. Mr. Frinik's opinion 1f60f
    eugen
    eugen
    ITM Soldier
    ITM Soldier

Post by eugen Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:08 pm

These two ghouls continue the work of their vile KGB office. It would be nice for the whole world if they all disappeared together.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:23 pm

Not to mention their two counterparts in Eastern Asia. They are not former Chekists but their belong to same failed, murderous experiment devised By Karl Marx.
    frinik
    frinik

Mr. Frinik's opinion Empty Mr. Frinik's opinion

Post by frinik Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:28 pm

I will state a very unpopular opinion but one which needs to be said. Stepan Banderas is not a hero, he was a vile anti-semite whose organization, the OUN , was involved and responsible for the  massive killings of Jews often exceeding the zeal of the Einsatzgruppen. Not to mention the killing of many thousands of Polish civilians during the war. I think the Ukraine could do without " heroes" like him.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:02 pm

Unfortunately it's not so much my opinion as  simply well documented fact by several international human rights and historical research institutions. Ukrainian history is full of worthy heroes like Bohdan Khmelnytsky, Prince Vladimir the Great, Tarass Shevchenko, Nestor Makhno, Ivan Franko and Mikhailo Drahomanov. I understand that the Ukraine is fighting for tis independence and freedom but embracing controversial characters from the past like Stepan Bandera, who certainly was a fervent Ukrainian patriot , but also  had a dark side and his movement committed well documented atrocities. He also shared anti-semitic comments and declarations which left no doubt about his feelings  about Jews and non  Ukrainians living in the Ukraine. Many of his followers joined the Waffen SS division Galizien which was involved in various atrocities against Jews and Poles from 1941-1944. Many members of Galizien also volunteered to work as guards in various concentration and extermination camps. I think the current heroes fighting for Ukraine's freedom deserve to be praised and lauded but Bandera  in  my opinion does not deserve that honour.

Last edited by frinik on Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kozak76
    Kozak76

Post by Kozak76 Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:27 pm

Mr. Frinik's opinion Antonio-banderas-priehal-na-ceremoniyu-quotlichnost-godaquot-svoej-krasavicej-dochkoj-i-sputnicej-s-kotoroj_1
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:46 pm

Antonio Banderas  not Stepan Very Happy
    Kozak76
    Kozak76

Post by Kozak76 Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:01 am

Режим Лукашенко антинародний.
    plug_nickel
    plug_nickel
    ITM Soldier
    ITM Soldier

Post by plug_nickel Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:36 am

That's a souvenir from Banderas! He likes fair-tails! Smile Cool laughing
    Mr. Frinik's opinion 0439255589849f34a044bd9d9121d1c8fb090d8159674d74a21d120998cceb15f8f54428
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:30 pm

Fair-tails? Do you mean to say fairy tales?
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:32 pm

Anti-national?Which means? Question
    Kozak76
    Kozak76

Post by Kozak76 Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:34 pm

Привіт від Бандераса!

Mr. Frinik's opinion ME149WXX_o

Сіоністи та українці були найзлішими ворогами радянського уряду.
    Mr. Frinik's opinion ME149WXH_o
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:13 am

I still don't understand what Antonio Banderas has to do with the topic of Stepan Bandera? Are you making anti-semitic statements?
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:18 am

Well Lukashenko is a former KGB man and he lived and made his entire career living off the benefits of Soviet repressions so it's no surprise. The leopard cannot change its spots! Likewise with Putin. But Putin is smarter, better educated and more refined than Lukashenko who is just a crude chekist.

Both hang on to power although they should remember what happened to Caucescu and Mussolini when people have had enough of their tyrants....
    will73
    will73
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by will73 Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:17 am

Журнал "Перець", УРСР, середина 80-х років
    Так радянська пропаганда показувала "бандерівців і семітів"

Magazine "Pepper" , USSR, mid 80's
    So Soviet propaganda showed "Bandera and Semites"

Mr. Frinik's opinion Dre410
    plug_nickel
    plug_nickel
    ITM Soldier
    ITM Soldier

Post by plug_nickel Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 am

frinik wrote:Fair-tails? Do you mean to say fairy tales?
    Do tou mean to say Bandera or Banderas or Bandiera Rossa?
    Go on with a Soviet fakes and propaganda. facepalm tedious What? gdance
    Banderas say to you - Hello!
    Mr. Frinik's opinion 41ODmOKNhyL._AC_

Bandiera Rossa is always with you! popcorn laugh facepalm
    Mr. Frinik's opinion 41fyNMfHDQL._AC_SX679_
    plug_nickel
    plug_nickel
    ITM Soldier
    ITM Soldier

Post by plug_nickel Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:39 am

You've changed your skin again.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:52 pm

I am not sure why you are trying to connect me to old Soviet propaganda which combined crude anti-semitic propaganda with anti Stepan Bandera imagery?

I am fiercely anti-communist and always have been. I, for one, celebrated in December 1991 when Soviet tyranny ended and the Soviet Union finally came to an end crashing into history's dust and burying Vladimir Illich Ulianov's bloody dream forever.

That being said trying to make fun of what I said by combining Antonio Banderas with Stepan Bandera is how you get your kicks so be it. I don't care. That still won't stop me from stating my opinion . The Ukraine has a very painful history caught between large countries like Russia, Poland, Austria-Hungary and Prussia-Germany. The Ukrainian people have not tasted freedom and independence very often. I understand that they are proud of those who stood up for their rights and freedom. I understand why Stepan Bandera is popular and a revered figure because he hated the Bolsheviks/Soviets and fought against Communist tyranny. But sometimes heroes we worship are less than perfect and have their dark side. We need to be honest and accept that they may have been engaged or encouraged the killing, or brutalities against other groups of people, be they Jews, Poles , Gypsies etc.  

MY own childhood heroes include Alexander the Great, Friedrich the Great, Napoleon and Genghis Khan. However I also acknowledge that these great men, whom I admire ( I even named both my sons after them), were guilty of brutality and the killing or destructions of entire countries and its people. It's called nuance and being honest. Accepting their greatness and accomplishments but also accepting that they were not perfect and that they committed reprehensible acts and policies.

Anyway I made a comment in response to a video posted on the forum .I knew it would not be popular but my goal was not to start a controversy or to hurt or insult anybody but simply to put the clocks right. Men - even great ones - are not gods whatever we think of them. Recently I was banned for 5 days from the forum by the Russian admin on the IL2 Tank Crew forum for making critical comments about Josef Stalin's atrocities, describing the Red Army as a tool of repression and atrocities. On the other hand, The Russian guy who praised Stalin as saying his made life better for people in the USSR was not banned.  Mr. Frinik's opinion 1f611

Let's bury the hatchet and peace to all! flag
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:55 pm

Who me?
    Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:13 pm

Politics and religion, two subjects that should not be discussed in polite society.

It's too bad that there is a language barrier here that precludes serious discussion and leads to misunderstandings and "meme warfare".

Interesting info frinik, thanks for posting it.
    plug_nickel
    plug_nickel
    ITM Soldier
    ITM Soldier

Post by plug_nickel Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:42 pm

frinik wrote:Who me?
    Who are you?
    plug_nickel
    plug_nickel
    ITM Soldier
    ITM Soldier

Post by plug_nickel Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:47 pm

Frinik is spreading the Soviet propaganda and fired up international strife. He accused Ukrainian nation as a followers of killer and didn't bring any arguments. Did Ukrainian members ask him for advice?
    Kozak76
    Kozak76

Post by Kozak76 Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:45 pm

Frinik, будеш вибачатись за свою свідому брехню?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:44 am