» Panther Tank??
by mechanic Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:47 am

» Quebec Police clowns
by frinik Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:06 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

2 posters

Playing with mission editor and other things.

Lorne

mission - Playing with mission editor and other things.  Empty Playing with mission editor and other things.

Post by Lorne Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:18 am

Hi all!

I wonder if anyone still plays this game now and then? I wonder if anyone else wants to discuss working with the game editor?

I have played now and then for many years. Lately I have been making an attempt at learning the mission editor. But I have basically zero experience. I tinkered a bit with the Steel Fury editor in the past but only a few hours. I'm not so much interested in changing models or importing new things. Just learning to make new missions.

I made some progress adding things to an existing TVT mission. I cloned a artillery piece and it even shot at me! Great stuff. But I wanted to get Nerblewerfer going. I was able to place one (or three) in a mission but have not got them to fire. I created some Soviet troops but they do not go anywhere.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the game engine is/ was developed by G5? or ? My thought process is if I knew roughly what game engine was used to build TVT I might be able to find some sort of info on how said game engine or others like it are used.

I'm also wondering why I can edit and save missions in XP but in W10 I can't save changes because I get a "files are read only" error.

SKG 210
    SKG 210

mission - Playing with mission editor and other things.  Empty Re: Playing with mission editor and other things.

Post by SKG 210 Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Lorne wrote:Hi all!

I wonder if anyone still plays this game now and then? I wonder if anyone else wants to discuss working with the game editor?

I have played now and then for many years. Lately I have been making an attempt at learning the mission editor. But I have basically zero experience. I tinkered a bit with the Steel Fury editor in the past but only a few hours. I'm not so much interested in changing models or importing new things. Just learning to make new missions.

I made some progress adding things to an existing TVT mission. I cloned a artillery piece and it even shot at me! Great stuff. But I wanted to get Nerblewerfer going. I was able to place one (or three) in a mission but have not got them to fire. I created some Soviet troops but they do not go anywhere.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the game engine is/ was developed by G5? or ? My thought process is if I knew roughly what game engine was used to build TVT I might be able to find some sort of info on how said game engine or others like it are used.

I'm also wondering why I can edit and save missions in XP but in W10 I can't save changes because I get a "files are read only" error.

I have not the game ( searched it for ages but I'm never been able to find it ) but I can probably help you about the " read only " problem on Win 10.

You need to right click on the file of interest  then select the " Properties " tab and then uncheck the read only checkbox ( The small square must be empty ) then click " Apply ".

If you continue to be not able to save the file once edited report it here and I'll tell you how to do to be able to save the file ( if so please include in your reply where the file is located on your pc, thanks! )

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:38 am