» Quebec Police clowns
by frinik Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:06 am

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

is Zeowolf still in business?

Flyby

is Zeowolf still in business? Empty is Zeowolf still in business?

Post by Flyby Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:42 pm

I sent him an email about purchasing T34vTiger a couple of days ago and have not received a reply. I'd like to know he's still offering the sim before I send a payment out in the the interweb. Has anyone had any contact with him of late?
    thank you
    Flyby out
    Flyby

is Zeowolf still in business? Empty Re: is Zeowolf still in business?

Post by Flyby Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:48 pm

btw, I read in another post that one has to pay for ZW's TvT every year. Is that correct? Is it a lease game?
    frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:35 pm

My own view is that Zeewolf's enterprise is just a money grab. I was a member the first year 2010-2011 but I quit as I saw that his yearly fee was steep for such an old game with a one-man support and while ZW was undeniably doing difficult work the production and stated ambitions did not match. I could see the end of the tunnel and there were no lights. yes his fee is annual and for that price you buy yourself a very good AA title with up-to-date graphics, good AI , gameplay , replayability etc.

T34 vs Tiger is still buggy, badly optimized, terrible AI and very few models and new missions. ZW's production also has slowed down to a crawl and he doesn't answer his messages very timely. His webpage also has not be rejuvenated in a while.

I strongly discourage people to purchase it but it's my personal view. Txema and Woofie are still member sand may hold different opinions. I personally think Steel Fury and Panzer Elite offer much more with no great costs , first rate support an constant improvements in the shape of new missions, maps, models, mods etc....
    Flyby

Post by Flyby Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:34 pm

Well the jury seems to be in, and T34 v Tiger through Zeowolf is not worth the bother. I've still not heard back from him, so if I really want this sim I'll buy a copy off Ebay. Or, be content with the demo. Too bad; it could have been a contender. There's a lot out there on You Tube, even a few new ones. So the sim isn't dead, but it's not thriving like SF seems to be.
    thank you frinik,
    Flyby out
    Txema
    Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:51 pm

I am not a member of Zeewolf's project since some years ago, and I do agree fully with frinik: it is not worth the steep yearly fee he asks for.

Txema
    Flyby

Post by Flyby Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:54 pm

thanks Texma. I think I'll try to locate a CD version at "Half-Price Bookstore" There are a few in my area, and they resell many types of games, and sims. So I might get lucky. I don't get to these stores too often, but I'm not in a hurry for T34 v Tiger. I think SF will do me nicely. Smile
    Flyby out
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:39 am

Where do you live flyby?

I have a copy of TvsT MMP7 a stand alone free version of the game made by free modders who reworked the multiplayer aspect of the game for many years until they gave up 3 years ago as m nobody was playing the game anymore MP-wise and there were no servers. The SP missions works as well.I installed it after it was gifted to me but the Ai is so bad in my opinion and the mission so scripted and the ME too difficult I barely used it for 30 minutes and just gave up. I think I may have uploaded it( it s 700 mbs) to my file4 share webpage. I ll check and if not I will upload it and make it available. There s no point paying Amazon or some outfit USD 30.00 to get such a relic....

Flyby

Post by Flyby Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Hello frinik,
    I live inSW Ohio, 45212. It's very decent of you to offer it up. I'd just received an Ebay notification about a copy being sold there for $99.00, reduced now to $69.00. There's another copy being offered for $32.00 brand new unwrapped. It's in Thailand; free shipping.
    PM me if you require more info.
    thank you again,
    Flyby out
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:19 pm

I currently live in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates so it's a bit far for me to ship you anything plus they tend to scan outgoing mail here looking for sensitive or banned stuff. I will upload the MMP7 stand alone TvsT mod on file 4 share and send you the link. All you'll need to do is unzip it and you'll have the game in running with MP modified( you can play against bots but it's not very satisfying to be honest.The SPs work normally. but you'll se quickly that the game does not offer much replaying value.
    Flyby

Post by Flyby Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:40 pm

frinik, thank you again for your generous offer. If the sim is as you say, and I believe you, then please don't waste your time uploading it. The end result of game play will not have warranted your generosity, nor your time and effort. I'll just move on (and keep working with Steel Fury).
    many thanks,
    Flyby out
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:54 pm

You have to try by yourself.While I always read and listen to critics and opinions I am also a firm believer of you have to see it to believe it. I'll upload it and give everybody a chance to make their own minds.
    Flyby

Post by Flyby Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:14 pm

Well finik, one can't ask for a more generous outlook than that. The idea of seeing-is-believing sure beats fake news! Ok. I'm in. I await your upload.
    thank you,
    Flyby out
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:14 pm

BTW I will make the link available privately by PM. Not openly on the forum although I want to emphasize clearly that the mod is not pirated stuff but was made legally with the approval of the then owners of the distribution  rights to TvsT which is Lighthouse Interactive ( it went bankrupt in early 2010). The modders did not illegally copy the game nor infringe copyright laws in any way.
    Flyby

Post by Flyby Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:37 pm

frinik,
    understood, and thank you for being very clear about the matter. I request a PM.
    Flyby out
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Flyby, I sent you the download link by PM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:10 am