3 posters

Weather changing

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Weather changing Empty Weather changing

Post by lockie Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:20 am

I tried to play my first "quick battle" in Achtung Star, but I couldn't start, coz didn't find how to change the weather Sad
    The landscape was so depressive and doomy that I was abt. to commit a suicide What a Face
    Is there any chance to make the weather brighter? I.e. setup 12:00 AM or even 8:00 AM.
    Technopiper

Weather changing Empty Re: Weather changing

Post by Technopiper Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:07 pm

lockie wrote:I tried to play my first "quick battle" in Achtung Star, but I couldn't start, coz didn't find how to change the weather Sad
    The landscape was so depressive and doomy that I was abt. to commit a suicide  What a Face
    Is there any chance to make the weather brighter? I.e. setup 12:00 AM or even 8:00 AM.
    Yea! More people playing this excellent game! cheers
    First of all, pick a map for non-winter campaign. Gloomy weather gets to me sometimes. You can change the time of the day by clicking on the "gear" icon at the bottom, then go to option 10 "time of day". If you don't see the gear icon, click the "door" icon to return to previous page. You can make it rainy or snowy too. Night battles are extremely brutal, it is literally blacked-out, with occasional starshells revealing sights you rather not see. I love it!

Playing this for about a week, I think the UI is simple enough, it's just very different from established conventions in mainstream games. As to complaints over game mechanics ("My soldiers aren't following orders!!!"), I think its mostly from people who are used to Warcraft or Total War. It is very realistic. You just need to deal with it realistically.

I am very impressed by Graviteam's dedication and passion. They are not doing it for the money! I will support all their future products, whatever they may be.
    Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:17 am

It would be more realistic if the ai was not so stupid. When a tank leaves it's revetment and turns it's rear to the enemy under fire or circles madly around until knocked out it argues strongly for micro management. At this stage of the war all the tank men were experienced enough not to do that. If the TC ordered, the driver would probably refuse. This kind of stuff happens too often.
    It's one thing to simulate that kind of "fog of war" in an operational game like Panther Game's Battles From the Bulge and quite another in a tactical level game like this one. If a tank platoon commander saw one of his TCs try that kind of stunt IRL he would make such an example of him that it would not happen again. That's why I suggest that more control may be more realistic in this case than less.
    Technopiper

Post by Technopiper Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:03 am

Tanker wrote:It would be more realistic if the ai was not so stupid.  When a tank leaves it's revetment and turns it's rear to the enemy under fire or circles madly around until knocked out it argues strongly for micro management.  At this stage of the war all the tank men were experienced enough not to do that.  If the TC ordered, the driver would probably refuse.  This kind of stuff happens too often.  
    It's one thing to simulate that kind of "fog of war" in an operational game like Panther Game's Battles From the Bulge and quite another in a tactical level game like this one.  If a tank platoon commander saw one of his TCs try that kind of stunt IRL he would make such an example of him that it would not happen again.  That's why I suggest that more control may be more realistic in this case than less.
    I see all your points. Tank platoons should move in rigid formations, individuality is uncalled for here. Perhaps I'm still in that honeymoon stage where the ups have not yet been overshadowed by the downs. But I do micomanage heavily in this game.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:22 am