MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Empty Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms

Post by woofiedog Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:34 am

And found the answer I was looking for concerning the 1944 Dot or Erbsenmuster Camouflage uniforms and if these uniforms were being used by the German tank crews in 44.

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Dot_Camo   Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Wittmann_with_SS_Sturmbannf_hrer_Heinz_Hein_vo

Quote...

44 Dot Panzer Uniform, Camouflage jacket and trousers made for tank and armored vehicle crews.

Camouflage jacket and trousers made for tank and armored vehicle crews. These are made from the same fabric as the regular camo tunic but the design of the uniform is similar to the wool one issued to tank crews.

http://www.atthefront.com/HR/g/uni_44dot.html

Last edited by woofiedog on Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    kapulA
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Empty Re: Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms

Post by kapulA Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Alrighty, but I hope you're aware that they didn't use the term Flecktarn for that camo pattern. As it says in the link, it was called Erbsenmuster, and had a rather different color scheme than Flecktarn, which is what the current uniforms for the in-game Gebirgsjager (I think) resemble more. I'd change it myself but I'm not really good with changing camo patterns, as it stands recoloring is the limit of my skinning skills Smile
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Empty Re: Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms

Post by woofiedog Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:37 am

Alrighty, but I hope you're aware that they didn't use the term Flecktarn for that camo pattern. As it says in the link, it was called Erbsenmuster, and had a rather different color scheme than Flecktarn, which is what the current uniforms for the in-game Gebirgsjager (I think) resemble more.

Yes, I miss use that term by mistake [corrected]. I had a web site that covered the subject of the 1944 dot camouflage uniforms with better detail and it also had photos from the time, but lost it and now I can not find it again.

Here is another site that has a bit better information covering the subject of the camouflage uniforms.

http://www.2kompanie.org/waffen-ss-camouflage.html

Quote [the reason for the camo uniform instead of the black uniform]...

This version of the Panzer "Kombi", a reversible coverall first issued in 1943 to tank crews as their typical black uniforms failed to provide any camouflage advantage when the men were outside their vehicles.  Additionally, it was soon learned that the presence of soldiers in black uniforms alerted the enemy that an armored unit was in the area.
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:59 am

I'd change it myself but I'm not really good with changing camo patterns, as it stands recoloring is the limit of my skinning skills

Having the dot camouflage uniforms would be excellent addition to the game in my opinion. But also as far as I can find, not all of the tank crews in a particular unit were using these uniforms. From photos I have seen, it seems only some of the crews in a certain unit were using the dot camouflage uniforms, while others still had the regular uniforms.

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Bundesarchiv_Bild_101_I_299_1805_03_Nordfrankreic

In the game there are already some camouflage uniforms that are used, as in this screen of the Kübelwagen radio crew.

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Shot_2015_06_18_16_57_23_0000
    kapulA
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:14 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    In the game there are already some camouflage uniforms that are used, as in this screen of the Kübelwagen radio crew.

Yeah, iirc those are the SS camo smocks that were made by Aces, and imho a better choice than the fictional Flecktarn for the Gebirgsjager. I think he also made full camo versions with camo trousers in addition to the smocks, and an autumn variant for both types - they could be used for a better (more authentic) variant for the Gebirgs or the black SS troops we have in the game - might cook up a mini-mod for it once I get back home from uni. Wink
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:22 pm

those are the SS camo smocks that were made by Aces wrote:

Yes, Ace made some excellent uniform, equipment and vehicle skins mods for the game.  

And as Ace stated...

Don't go into battle without it! LoL  Laughing
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Sorry for broke up message, but there is a thunder storm at the moment in our area and one of our dogs is just a little bit gun shy of them.  Shocked

might cook up a mini-mod for it once I get back home from uni. wrote:

That would be excellent and thank's for looking into this and maybe the mini mod. wicked Very Happy
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:05 am

Just a thought, but is this radio headset already available in the game for the tank commander or could it be added to the tank commanders gear? Smile

Thank's

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Screen_Shot028

Waffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms German_army_lieutenant_splinter_camo_tunic_fourWaffen SS "44 Dot or Erbsenmuster" Uniforms Soviet_Union_South_armored_soldier_with_headp
    kapulA
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 pm

I think Lockie would be better suited to answer that than me, but if it's already part of the radioman's equipment, I don't see why it couldn't be made part of the tank commander's arsenal as well. Smile

Post by Guest Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:46 pm

I am pretty shure all this stuff is included in Aces equipment packs, there is microphones and the throat thingy for all crew members in the german tanks in hes pack =)
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:53 pm

woofiedog wrote:Just a thought, but is this radio headset already available in the game for the tank commander or could it be added to the tank commanders gear? Smile
    As I remember there is only one unit implemented in STA mod from Ace's mod. It is radio-car Kübelwagen. Unfortunately, all models from Ace's mod has only one LOD and too many polygons, i.e. helmet has 15000 (almost the same as APC Sdkfz 251). Normally it shouldn't be more 1000 polygons for three LOD's.
    But I see that Ace's mods still interesting, then let's implement some stuff from them. I just need to be sure that he agree to share it, coz I remember some readme contained warning abt. sharing.
    As for headset it is implemented. German soldier (radist/radio-operator) has it and radio also.
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:55 pm

With Ace's permission to use his work, adding the radio headset to the tank crew member's that did use it in real life, would give a little more realism to the game.

But as I said, just a thought. Smile

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:19 pm

woofiedog wrote:With Ace's permission to use his work, adding the radio headset to the tank crew member's that did use it in real life, would give a little more realism to the game.
    Headset looks fine on the tankman when he is in tank, but when he has left tank he still wearing it. As my point it looks strange. I think would be better to put on a cap on Commander.
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:06 pm

Headset looks fine on the tankman when he is in tank, but when he has left tank he still wearing it. As my point it looks strange. I think would be better to put on a cap on Commander. wrote:

He only leaves the tank when it is put out of action though?

But then you are correct that while he is out of the tank still wearing the headset would be strange and a cap would be better. At the same time the cap would give him a little more distinction from the rest of the crew. Again just a thought. Smile
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:11 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    But then you are correct that while he is out of the tank still wearing the headset would be strange and a cap would be better.
    It's possible to make headset as weapon. Then in case when tankman is dead - the headset will be removed from his head. Actually, it's possible to make the same with helmets, but it needs to be check out.
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:58 pm

lockie...
    It's possible to make headset as weapon. Then in case when tankman is dead - the headset will be removed from his head wrote:

That would be excellent addition to SF and would give a boost to the game with a look simulating real life.

Thank's for looking into this matter. Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:24 am