MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

3 posters

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings Empty German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

Post by woofiedog Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:00 am

I was looking for information about the German tanker's uniforms around 1944 and came across this web site that has an article concerning "German Camouflage – An Overview" by AgaresTretiak.

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings Tumblr_nk6v12_N6d_Q1uoyrazo6_1280

Quote...

One of the key aspects however, of any presentation of World War II armored vehicles for myself, has been the accuracy and detail of what was being displayed.

Part of this, I suppose, is in part due to my training as a historian, part due to my love of modelling, and I suppose a third is my pretention of artistic ability. Regardless of the motives though, I find myself irritated by inaccurate representations or information.

Authenticity can be replicated through details, and when it comes to any fighting vehicle from a given nation, there can be quite a few details involved.

Things like the right colour for camouflage, the placement and correct tactical markings on a vehicle, and even little personal touches crews might have added are all part of the details that can bring that much more authenticity into a game, a model, or even just for the pleasure of knowing someone took the time to make it that detailed.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/24/german-camouflage-and-tactical-markings-part-i-by-agarestretiak/
    col.moore
    col.moore

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings Empty Re: German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

Post by col.moore Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Nice!

I know how you feel man, I'm quite as you , I hate when i play a game and he is Historically inaccurate an I've faced that "problem" several times playing the Il-2 Sturmovik (in case of you don't know, the game is a WW2 air combat simulator), having to change the "Skins", models, and even correct a few details in the ground myself... the thing is, a game will always be a game, in the "IL-2" the major problems are that, the AA gunners and Gunners in general (like in bombers), where they are a sort of marksman killing you with a single shot even in the air... what is even most ridiculous is that its impossible to change that so something more realistic, except to buy the new version of the game... but anyway... talking about cammo, the Germans was way ahead of their time at that matter, in fact, most of the camouflages that we know today, is based in one or a mix of models of German ww2 cammo.... and if you ask me the coolest one (infantryman cammo) I would say that I would stick between the Fallchirsmjäger cammo or the SS "Flaktern".
    kapulA
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

German Camouflage and Tactical Markings Empty Re: German Camouflage and Tactical Markings

Post by kapulA Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:37 pm

It's not Flecktarn (as I've noted before), it's Erbsenmuster - Flecktarn is the modern peadot-type camo the Bundeswehr uses. Smile
    col.moore
    col.moore

Post by col.moore Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:40 pm

kapulA wrote:It's not Flecktarn (as I've noted before), it's Erbsenmuster - Flecktarn is the modern peadot-type camo the Bundeswehr uses. Smile

Yeees Exactly!! I wasn't remembering the name of it! thanks!! Even so, if u notice how similar is the Fleck and the Erbsenmuster its awesome! It really shows us that they decided to keep the old stuff (with a few improvements obviously)... cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 am