4 posters

Video teaser

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Video teaser Empty Video teaser

Post by lockie Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:59 pm

I've found a new video-teaser from the future game. Well, it looks fine, but there are some questions.
    1. As I've understood there will be the same epic battle with stupid AI(means no online), where all advances goes to his poor mind, i.e. - task completed successful from the human side, but u got draw, coz AI is stupid and ... whatever.
    2. look at the skin of the Stug - is it white? Why?
    Video teaser White_spg
    3. I was really puzzled why trees and grass (all nature) are shaking as Elvis the Pelvis at his youngest period? It looks a bit strange. Even in case we had a very strong wind, i.e. 16m/s (~60km per hour). Let`s say the twister has ~180km/hours. It means that during the mission(or whatever they call) we're always at the edge of the tornado, which is not true. Usually, wind speed is abt no more then 8-9m/s. And we may estimate the speed, if we've a glance at the top of the trees. Does they bent or not?
    But in this video I've a strong feeling that nature is breathing Smile
    4. Rain looks as an scratches from the old movies, i.e. 20-30 years ago. Though, may be it was a point. Funny, but in spite on the crazy trees bending(coz of a strong wind) a rain drops goes down exactly STRICTLY straight to the earth Smile
    Video teaser Earth
    5. Another moment. According to this picture we've ammo/fuel detonated and as a proof there are some planes(parts of the stug) flew out. BUT look at the fired spg - it looks as completely untouched the whole unit! Do u believe in a magic? Wink
    ... and nature still breathing dramatically  drunken
    Video teaser Detonate Video teaser Detonate1
    6. And Russian balalaika still plays and fired tankman still dancing...
    Of course, it's not funny. In my country Ukraine we've a war with Russian occupants and we've losses.
    Video teaser 01_tVideo teaser 02_t

Last edited by lockie on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Video teaser Empty Re: Video teaser

Post by frinik Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:35 am

You are hard Loickie.I think Graviteam has made tremendous progress in their game engine.Everyuthing looks better,. motre realistic.I wish we have the same graphics, weather and vegetation effects as in GTOS.AS for AI it may be a bit smarter than the one we have in SF.

Russia is feeling the pain their economy is in crisis, the Ruble is in free fall and the flight of cap[ital is so bad that by the middle of 2015 Russia may need financial assistance to avoid collapse.I think the Ukraine has a brigfhter future to look forward to in the mid term. But the dark days are not over yet I am afraid.
    Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:28 pm

The eye candy is nice frinik but GT is still missing the mark by not having head to head human play available for it's tactical games. AI's nice but still stupid despite all the tortured explanations of Andrey.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:06 pm

I know but they are still resisting the idea of MP.I think they are afraid to get into something they won't be able to support
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:39 am

frinik wrote:I think Graviteam has made tremendous progress in their game engine.
    Of course, they did Smile Especially if we compare with the game SF 2007. Or even with "Balkan in fire" or "Tetris" Very Happy
    But if we compare with other games such as Combat Mission, Armored Warfare, War thunder, Call of duty, then we may see that engine is the same from oldy thrusty Steel Fury. Look at the model of fence, trees, houses all of them are the same, except some new models of spg/tanks which looks very good.
    And there is still a big strange thing - game will be without support of MP. Today this is nonsense. But Marketing department of the Graviteam is knowing what they are doing. Suppose the verdict is: user don't need MP, coz user likes to play ONLY with AI. That's a final conclusion.
    Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:27 pm

For some reason I've never really warmed up to the GTOS games that much. I have most of them and have tried playing the campaigns and qb's. I was much more engaged by the old CM1 series. I don't care for the CM2 games. A lot of inexplicable and frankly stupid things happen in the OS games. AFVs pull out of revetments and turn their rears toward the enemy fire for no discernable reason. Tanks are able to see and track individual enemy soldiers, in a deep forest, at night, while it's snowing. Trenches and foxholes seem to be of almost nil protection against tanks. Convoluted UI and victory scoring systems. Perhaps the game replicates what it's like to really be a commander but I don't find it that enjoyable. I could go on but I don't want to be seen as a complainer Very Happy Very Happy

It certainly looks good. It is fantastic to focus on just a small portion of the battle and see mortars and ATGs in action and tanks firing and exploding.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:58 am

Combat Mission, Armored Warfare, War thunder, Call of duty... Lockie you are comparing apples and oranges...What's Garviteam budget to make a game? $ 10 000.00 or may be 20? Activision will spend $ 200 million to make a Call of Duty game. Destiny was launched this year at a cost of $ 500 MILLION> All the companies making the games you mentioned have deep pockets or at least access to solid funds... I am not excusing Graviteam; they should see the writing on the wall insofar as MP is concerned.For the rest I understand, these guys have no money. They should try the fund-raiser way but again in Eastern Europe it's not a tradition.

Tanks are able to see and track individual enemy soldiers, in a deep forest, at night, while it's snowing... That was my beef against T34 versus Tiger Xray eyes; the AI could see through the forest and shoot and kill you why you could not even see them... Shocked

lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:43 pm

frinik wrote:What's Garviteam budget to make a game?
    Innocence is no excuse Smile We had a talk abt comparing and I gave en example to compare with.
    And I didn't meet any posts where users wanted to leave only AI as opponent. Moreover all users wants to get MP and only Graviteam marketing department still don't see that obvious request alien
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:00 am

Innocence is no excuse ??????

Who's talking about innocence? I said they don't have the budget/money to make and support MP....

MP is expensive and requires tremendous amounts of support and bug fixing. Ask game companies like EA, Ubisoft, Activision etc the pain that MP bugs can cause and the costs associated with rectifiying lag and servers-game stability issues when you have tens of thousands of angry gamers screaming at you to fix the problems or asking for their money back!!!I play MP, first person shooter ggames so I am well placed to tell you about it.
    Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:38 pm

I think what Lockie was trying to convey was that when talking about comparing games and what would improve gtos, financial resources don't matter. English is not his first language.

I have to disagree with your take on MP. This game is not COD and it is not an FPS. It does not need vast farms of servers. It is more like the Command Ops series. Heck even CM2 is real time and pausable. Those games can be set up IP to IP with one player as host. While it would be nice to have several players (as in 3) able to share command of units it is not needed. All that is needed is the ability to play head to head against another human.

I don't know about the complexity or expense of doing that. I do know that Panther Games, a small Australian game developer, did it with the Command Ops series years ago. I suspect that GT could do it if they wanted to. They do have the time and money to produce increasingly detailed models and weather. Those are great but don't really add to game play in the same way that head to head competition would. I think that Andrey and the team are just against it. Given the language barrier, it has been difficult to figure out exactly why that is so.
    Technopiper

Post by Technopiper Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:16 am

I have tried the demo for Achtung Panzer Kharkov and I didn't like it. Because of Steel Fury, I am giving Graviteam Tactics (who would have seen the connection?) another chance. I like what I see so far. And yes, convoluted is the right word to describe the user interface, the updater, and the game setting menu. I'd use the word messy. I am impressed by Graviteam's hard power in programming, I just hope they are better in UI design.

Question: what about Nomonhan. When is it coming out? Is it a standalone or a DLC? If DLC, for which game? I know it's an obscure piece of history, but that never stopped Graviteam, right?
    lockie
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:03 am

Technopiper wrote:I am impressed by Graviteam's hard power in programming, I just hope they are better in UI design.
    Graviteam makes the games for erself pleasure. They are not interested to get a profit (This is the same situation with a modding. Any casual player will be deeply confused with a tools from the "stone age"). They could easily produced a very successive "Steel Fury 2" (name it as Steel Rage/Anger of Steel or whatever), but instead commercially proved project they released a strange hard mix strategy with a tanksim elements. For some reasons, they try to re-animate this project after five years of oblivion.

Question: what about Nomonhan. When is it coming out? Is it a standalone or a DLC? If DLC, for which game? I know it's an obscure piece of history, but that never stopped Graviteam, right?
    There were rumors that Nomonhan would be the next DLC for the "Achtung Star", but later they decided to make it on the base of the new game "Mius". Though, there were also rumors it would be as another try to make a classic simulator, which is similar to SF.
    I'd say that Graviteam would never release any tanksim in the future, coz lead programmer said: we got four tries to make tanksim and all of them failed.
    Technopiper

Post by Technopiper Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:28 am

lockie wrote:Graviteam makes the games for erself pleasure. They are not interested to get a profit (This is the same situation with a modding. Any casual player will be deeply confused with a tools from the "stone age"). They could easily produced a very successive "Steel Fury 2" (name it as Steel Rage/Anger of Steel or whatever), but instead commercially proved project they released a strange hard mix strategy with a tanksim elements. For some reasons, they try to re-animate this project after five years of oblivion.
    And I respect them for that. I believe one should always dedicate in what one believes in. And if it happens to make you rich, good for you; if not, it will make your life worthy. This is the reason I have low opinion of "big budget" game productions.

lockie wrote:There were rumors that Nomonhan would be the next DLC for the "Achtung Star", but later they decided to make it on the base of the new game "Mius". Though, there were also rumors it would be as another try to make a classic simulator, which is similar to SF.
    I'd say that Graviteam would never release any tanksim in the future, coz lead programmer said: we got four tries to make tanksim and all of them failed.
    That makes me sad. But happy to know we will see Nomonhan after all!

I know this is a trivial thing, but this sight made me feel like I'm in love again:

Video teaser Xxx10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:05 pm