4 posters

Windows 10 Free

woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Free - Windows 10  Free - Page 2 Empty Re: Windows 10 Free

Post by woofiedog Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:17 pm

frinik... The closest I have come to that in the last 27 years was in 1997 in Guatemala City when I had to shovel volcanic ash

That must be an unnerving ordeal and quite frankly an eerie life threatening time period to go through. Not good at all. Evil or Very Mad

frinik... In addition to my gym, I have 2 exuberant boys 9 and 11 to keep me young and in shape.

With two young boys at basicly the same age, oh yes, I'm sure they keep you up and running! LoL Laughing

Our two are now in their late 30's and our son is a teacher such as yourself and going into his 15th year teaching.

Last year the Worcester area we live in had the second largest snowfall of the country with 119.7 inches of snow. It was more than a gym work out trying to keep up with it and the hardest part was just finding a place to dump it. Neutral

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

A few photos from the 2011 winter season, when my wife and I had a bunker system going around the house, with walls taller than me and I'm 6'2.

Free - Windows 10  Free - Page 2 Picture_003  Free - Windows 10  Free - Page 2 Picture_008
    frinik
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:35 pm

That must be an unnerving ordeal and quite frankly an eerie life threatening time period to go through. Not good at all.

Actually it wasn't! I remember going to sleep at night seeing the volcano glowing all red( it lies 40 kilometres south of Guatemala City).The morning I woke up to a city totally ash grey in colour. Eerily it looked like a dusting of dirty snow had fallen everywhere. The volcano had erupted - after being dormant for 45 years - at night spewing clouds of ash. The only thing is when cleaning cars you had to blow the ash because it was composed of fine & very abrasive sandy particles.So if you had the misfortune of cleaning your car with a rag you would scratch glass and paint.

The last time I remember snow being that high in North America was during the 1971 winter. Amazing sight. No wonder it keeps you fit woofie! Shocked
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:46 pm

frinik... Actually it wasn't! I remember going to sleep at night seeing the volcano glowing all red( it lies 40 kilometres south of Guatemala City).The morning I woke up to a city totally ash grey in colour.

40 clicks or 24 miles from the volcano, have to say that is just a bit close by, wouldn't you say. Considering that the 1980 Mt. St. Helen's eruption had a pyroclastic flow that traveled at 220 miles per hour (350 km/h) but quickly accelerating to 670 mph (1,080 km/h) and covered an area 23 miles across by 19 miles long. Shocked

Not something you would want to stay around and take some family photos of for your picture book collection. affraid
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:01 pm

No the Agua volcano is not an explosive type of volcano like Mount St Helens, the Krakatoa or the Vesuvius for example.It 's more like a Hawaian type with usually large flows of lava and occasionally spewing ashes like a spoiled, pouting brat. So it's close but in the 560 years since the city was founded it has not caused any serious damage.

Anyway during my long and adventurous lime son the road I have had to face various shall we say situations: riots and dengue in Haiti, driving my car into a ditch landing in a a deserted ditch in the boonies of the Dominican republic, almost mugged in a seedy favela of Sao Paulo(Brazil) in the middle of the night, a flash flood in El Savador that killed 22 persons, earthquakes in Guatemala and India, a hurricane in Honduras, a series typhoons in the Philippines and being pursued by an armed man, 3 days of dysentry in Guyana, hitting a cow sleeping in the middle of a highway past midnight in Honduras just a day after blowing 2 tires on a highway in the same country,a nasty virus that paralysed my face for 2 weeks in Guatemala, by misfortune caught in a crowd of 250 000 Egyptians demonstrating on the streets of Cairo 2 years ago, bitten by a stray cat in India( needed 12 rabies shots), driving for 2 hours through a sand storm in southern Tunisia with absolutely zero visibility( couldn't stop I was afraid my car would get stuck so fast was the sand falling), finding a scorpion sleeping in one of my shoes in Thailand, detained for 3 hours at Tripoli airport for no reason by Ghaddafis' police. Well, I have learned to take things in stride and expect the unexpected. Still I wouldn't trade my life to live 25 years in the same quiet place ...Well in 5 years |I'll be ready for that|!
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:50 pm

Well I have two quick questions... when is the book coming out [I would like a signed copy please. Smile ] and are they going to chop the movie to just 1 1/2 hours or are they going for the full 4hr length feature film?? Wink

You should really think about a book though, as a close friend of my wife and I has an all original 1968 Shelby Mustang that he purchased back in 1976 for around $6000 at the time. He calls the Shelby his retirement investment, which he is nearing very soon and I saw two Shelby's just recently go for $145,000 & 200,000 grand in auction and they were not in the same original shape as his is.

But back to your book and action movie, are you planning on having Viggo Mortensen as the main character or is he too old now, just a quick thought. Laughing
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:07 pm

Hehhe. Seriously I thought about writing about my experiences. I think it would make people laugh.
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:30 am

frinik... I think it would make people laugh.

No, I disagree... people are very interested in fact and will read about "real life" experiences such as yours. Do not diminish what you have seen and lived through as a second thought or as a dribble in time that only matters to yourself.
    Technopiper

Post by Technopiper Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:11 am

woofiedog wrote:Like the way you summarize the subject... but would like to add one more "1984" quote to what you stated. Wink

And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed -if all records told the same tale — then the lie passed into history and became truth.   cheers
    Love that quote, keep them coming.
    Not accepting the Party's lie doesn't mean history becomes the truth. We are merely choosing which lie to believe in. I don't believe that "truth" in history is possible. Mostly it is a matter of truthfulness -- whether if there's a committment to tell the truth as one knows it. Lie-detector truth, so as to speak. But even so truth is a myth. We can't be at all places at all time; signficance of events may elude us. There are forces greater than human understanding. Not talking about supernatural forces, more like how cogs and gears are unaware of the clockwork's design, even though they all contrubute to the final outcome. History to me is a slice of reality. I love studying it, but I have low opinion about our ability to understand it.
    frinik
    frinik

Post by frinik Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Oh I don't diminish anything it's just that I have had far more normal moments in my life than the the odd episodes which I mentioned in my post. But through enough - as the Arabs would say - I have had Baraka( charmed life or luck, hard to translate)...

AS for Windows 10 remember" Big Browser is watching you!" Wink
    woofiedog
    woofiedog
    TSF Member-Silver Tools
    TSF Member-Silver Tools

Post by woofiedog Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:55 pm

frinik... Big Browser is watching you!

Yes and I will admit they'll be in for a big surprise or maybe more correctly put, a big snooze while keeping an eye on me. LoL Laughing

Overall most people from what I have read, have had only small problems and it has been more of just getting accustom to the operating system itself than with a problem with W10.

But I'll wait for a little more info to come in before I really make up my mind and take the jump.

Technopiper... I also enjoy history and like to read from multi sources or from both sides of an event.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 1:04 pm